Friday, November 21, 2008

1st Missionary

The Graft Clan has produced its first Missionary. My nephew Chris Allen just entered the MTC on Wednesday. He is my sister Kim's oldest and only boy. I was 12 when he was born and I became an aunt for the first time. I have so many fond and funny moments about him and his childhood. The most fitting is when he was 1 and just started to walk. We dressed him up in a shirt and tie with my Dad's church shoes and scriptures and put a little Elder Sticker on his shirt. He looked so cute, and I have to admit that it makes me a little misty eyed to compare the grown man that he is now with the little imp in my memories. Not much has changed...he still has a quick smile, dimples, chubby cheeks, and looks good in a suit. I am going to miss him, but the people in Cleveland, Ohio will be blessed with his presence.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

That's hard to believe! Time does go fast... I remember a certain young woman who was always smiling and involved in some cause she believed in...oh yea, that was you:-)